Vegan Cheesy Pasta Recipe
A healthy, cheesy vegan comfort food. Filling, nutritious, wholesome recipe.
- 1 medium Onion (red onion preferred)
- 3 tbsp olive oil or go oil free if preferred
- 2 tsp minced garlic (or more if preferred)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts (ground)
- 1/4 tsp pepper or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/2 lbs pasta
- 2 large handful mixed greens or spinach
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
1. In a small bowl, soak dried tomatoes in warm water for about 10 minutes while pasta cooks. 2. Cook pasta until done (add a little salt to water) while cooking. When pasta is cooked, drain in a strainer and run cold water through it. Set aside. 3. In a pan, saute onion and garlic in oil for about 3 minutes or until brown/translucent. 4. While onion is cooking, To make mixing a lot easier, in a small bowl, mix ground cashew nuts and nutritional yeast in water to make a paste. Set aside. 5. When onion and garlic are slightly brown, pour pasta and mix slightly. Add dried tomatoes, then pour in the cashew and nutritional yeast paste. Mix very well. Add a little more water if needed. Let cook on medium low heat for about 3-5 minute. Stir routinely to prevent burns.6. Add mix greens. Cover and reduce heat for about a minute. Stir to mix. 7. Add more salt/pepper to taste. Once greens are slightly withered, turn off the stove. ** if you want this to be more cheesy, add more nutritional yeast. I personally add a whole lot of nutritional yeast and garlic.