Last night, my niece asked me if I could remake “that pasta you made one time that I really liked”. She was referring to this vegan cheesy garlic pasta. Her question reminded me that I hadn’t shared this pasta recipe with those who have asked. So, here’s me sharing one of my favorite vegan recipes with you and I hope you love it as much as I do. This vegan cheesy garlic pasta is 100% plant-based. It is also super easy to make. It literally takes only about twenty minutes to make.
There’s just something about a quick meal that’s comforting, nutritious and delicious. This vegan cheesy garlic pasta recipe ticks all of those boxes for me. When I first made this recipe, I was craving a good ole cheesy pasta. Thankfully, I learned about the awesomeness of nutritional yeast earlier in my plant-based journey. It is literally a kitchen best friend to anyone who’s on a plant-based diet. This recipe has nutritional yeast and cashew nuts at the center of it.
While I tried to be modest with this recipe, I have to admit that I personally add a lot of nutritional yeast to mine. It really gives it that really good ole cheese flavor. I also honestly have learned that this recipe is even better when eyeballed rather than measured. So if you’re not a kitchen novice, look through this recipe and just allow your creative kitchen mind do the measurement for you.
I hope you enjoy this recipe just as much as I enjoyed making it. My non-plant-based nephews and nieces absolutely love it (and they’re the most ridiculous picky eaters I have ever met.
So enjoy! Save this, because it will be a savior for the days when you really don’t have time to cook but still want a really delicious gourmet meal. May I also add that you can add a side of garlic toast to go with this. Oh, so perfect combo!
Related Post: 10 Tips For New Vegans
Vegan Cheesy Pasta Recipe
- 1 medium Onion (red onion preferred)
- 3 tbsp olive oil or go oil free if preferred
- 2 tsp minced garlic (or more if preferred)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts (ground)
- 1/4 tsp pepper or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/2 lbs pasta
- 2 large handful mixed greens or spinach
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, soak dried tomatoes in warm water for about 10 minutes while pasta cooks. 2. Cook pasta until done (add a little salt to water) while cooking. When pasta is cooked, drain in a strainer and run cold water through it. Set aside. 3. In a pan, saute onion and garlic in oil for about 3 minutes or until brown/translucent. 4. While onion is cooking, To make mixing a lot easier, in a small bowl, mix ground cashew nuts and nutritional yeast in water to make a paste. Set aside. 5. When onion and garlic are slightly brown, pour pasta and mix slightly. Add dried tomatoes, then pour in the cashew and nutritional yeast paste. Mix very well. Add a little more water if needed. Let cook on medium low heat for about 3-5 minute. Stir routinely to prevent burns.6. Add mix greens. Cover and reduce heat for about a minute. Stir to mix. 7. Add more salt/pepper to taste. Once greens are slightly withered, turn off the stove. ** if you want this to be more cheesy, add more nutritional yeast. I personally add a whole lot of nutritional yeast and garlic.
Come follow along on Instagram for daily food posts and wellbeing inspiration. Also, do check out my most recent posts below.