Hey ya’ll. I’m finally ready to start sharing some of my favorite plant-based recipes with you! I’m starting that with this quick and easy Tofu and
Almost two years later, I am still going strong and even more confident in my decisions today. I’ve done my best sharing my meals with those who follow me on
Related post: My Vegan journey + 10 tips for new vegans
Without any further rambling, Here’s the first recipe for you this year. A quick and Tofu and miso soup bowl which I enjoyed with rice noodles. This meal takes less than 20 minutes to make and is so filling and healthy. It is also a good source of protein and probiotics, thanks to the tofu and miso paste.
Feel free to make this oil-free if you’re a whole food plant-based eater, and adjust any ingredients to fit your dietary needs. You could also choose mushrooms for this recipe if you prefer. And also, use any other veggies you like. This is so
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did.
Here it goes.
Quick Rice Noodle Soup Bowl
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or sub maple syrup)
- 1 half medium lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt or measure to taste
- 1 tsp pepper or measure to taste
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp liquid amino (can just use tamari sauce)
- 2 servings rice noodle
- 2 cups diced tofu
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 medium diced onion
- 1 tbsp Miso paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- some spring onion
- 1. Mix Tofu seasoning ingredients, Set aside2. Dice Tofu if not already diced. 3. Mix in Tofu into the sauce and completely saturate the tofu with sauce. Cover and set aside for about 5 minutes to marinate. Marinating this overnight is even better as it allows your seasoning into every bite of tofu. 4. In a pan, add sesame oil, add in onion. sautee for about 3 minutes. Add in Tofu, Add nutritional yeast. cook until brown. Adding bits of the sauce as it browns. (this allows your edges to toast well without burning)5. Add in chopped parsley to add more flavors. When cooked. Take out tofu, set aside6. In the same pan, Pour in water, add miso paste. Mix well. Add sweet corn and bring to boil. When boiled, simmer for about 5 more minutes. 7. Cook rice noodle. Serve, Enjoy!