My motto for May is “Do More”. I want to push farther and truly do more!
It’s been a while since I did a reflection/goals and intentions post. My last one was all the way back in July 2017. I used to enjoy writing those posts but I just wasn’t sure what purpose they served for other people especially since I am a pretty private person. However, now that I write more lifestyle posts, I am interested in creating my little online tribe and community here. So I thought it’d be nice to just share a little more and connect with you all.
My goal for these goals & intentions posts is to hopefully encourage others to set goals for themselves- especially simple achievable goals. And perhaps we could chit chat about a few of your goals if you’re comfortable sharing. Obviously, I am not sharing my most personal goals because let’s be honest- this is the internet and stuff stay here forever. So be sharing some of the goals I feel comfortable with sharing here.
Related Post: My Simple living Goals for 2018
With that out the way, let’s talk!
Typically, I’d review previous months, but April was so messy. LOL, After enjoying my one-year blogging milestone, I couldn’t for the life of me decide which posts to put up or which direction I wanted to go. My feelings about not wanting to be your typical beauty blogger are still valid and it hit me pretty hard in April. The last month on my blog and Instagram has been all trials and error. From trying to figure out the next chapter for this blog, to even something as minute as finding a good theme for my Instagram, it’s just been a lot! It doesn’t help that I am a
recovering perfectionist. Sometimes it takes me a LOOOONG while to decide on things. I just love to be very sure, tbh. Anyways, I digressed. April was all about trials and errors, Let’s get back to the swing of things this May.
Here are some of my may goals and intentions. It’s a combination of personal and blog goals.
- Run/Walk a total of 80 miles this month- that’s averaging 20 miles a week. Long term goal would be to run/walk a 1000 miles by the end of August.
- Publish my first YouTube video. Wooohooo! If you’ve been following my Instagram, you know I’ve hinted on this in the last few weeks. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do it but I am challenging myself to create YouTube videos. I’ve always wanted to do this but fear always won. This time, I’m saying “bye fear!” (Came back right before publishing this post to say I have recorded my first video. I did it after an encounter I had today. It won’t be published until May tho 🙂.)
- Stay on my blogging schedule.
- Try a new editing tool/format for my blog photos and Instagram photos. I bought the Lightroom editing software and hoping that challenges and improves my photography.
- Master using an editorial calendar and other one productivity apps.
- Master manual setting and learn new tricks with my new camera. I haven’t shot auto in a long long time but I still need to master my shutter speed. ugh.
- Lose 5 lbs.
- Get back to pinning consistently- I love Pinterest!
- Read two books.
- Shoot more outdoors photos- It’s me and my tripod ya’ll.
- Start my first every capsule wardrobe and remove Items I won’t wear from my closet
- Simplify my skincare by sticking to 10-12 skincare products for the month- Will share these products in a beauty post next.
That’s it for May. I hope you’re inspired to set your own goals and hopefully reflect by the end of the month. What is one goal you hope to achieve by end of the month?